‘BURNABY COMMUNITY PROJECT GRANTS’
Application Deadline: Friday, March 17 / 2017
Providing financial assistance for the activities of member organizations of the Burnaby Arts Council. Seen as an important way of aiding artists, students and audiences participating in all art disciplines according to their needs and interests. As a partner in encouraging financial stability and good management, the Council also sees a need to develop continuity and diversity in arts opportunities through the important work of volunteer organizations. An annual budget allocation is assigned by the BAC Board to this grant program.
Burnaby Community Project Grant objectives are:
- Provide financial assistance to projects and activities contributing to the artistic and cultural life of the City of Burnaby.
- Promote access, awareness, and excellence in all arts disciplines and facilitate a balance of opportunity and participation for residents and visitors as a supporting partner.
- Encourage sound management, financial stability and continuity of service provided by registered non-profit corporations in aid of the arts.
- Applicants must be a Register Charity listed with the CRA and have a Federal Business Number (BN#) and, be a non-profit organization under the BC Non-Profit Societys Acts. (Soc. S#)
- Applicants must be a member of the Burnaby Arts Council for at least one year prior to applying.
- Applicants must purchase a 2016 membership prior to applying for the Community Projects Grant.be a current 2016 member of the Burnaby Arts Council. See link below to renew your membership.
- Applicants must complete the application on the official BAC form with a project budget and supporting documentation. Upon review of a completed application, the jury will recommend the amount of the grant for Board Approval. See form link below.
- Applicants must acknowledge support received from the BAC on all project publicity, marketing materials and at public performances or events. NOTE: BAC logo is available through our office.
- There is no retroactive funding for projects already hosted.
- The project must contribute to the arts in the City of Burnaby
- The program can be adjusted or canceled by BAC, at any time.
- You must either mail or drop off the application to the Burnaby Arts Council office. The BAC will not be responsible for printing your application.
Application:BAC Community Grant Application
2017 BAC Group Membership – valid January 1, 2017 to December 31, 2017