March 18 – April 8, 2017
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: February 10, 2017
INSTALLATION: Monday, March 13th, 2017
Outdoor Exhibition Open to the Public
Event Open to the Public
In connection with the Canadian Clay Symposium R:evolution, the Burnaby Arts Council would like to invite local contemporary ceramic artists to showcase their garden sculptures in our beautiful outdoor exhibition space.
Submission deadline: FEBRUARY 10, 2017
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply to participate in this exhibition please print the following application and EMAIL to the BAC office by Friday, February 10, 2017.
Include in your application:
- A completed Jury application
- A nominal Jury Fee payment receipt
- A selection of 8-10 good quality digital images (see below guidelines for specifications) of proposed work you wish to exhibit.
- Contact information (jury form)
- An artist statement giving your aims and objectives as an artist in relations to your work
- A Curriculum Vitae (max 3 pages) to establish a better understanding of your background and experience.
To apply to participate in this exhibition please print the following application and return to the BAC office by Friday, February 10, 2017.
Jury fee can either be paid via paypal below, e-transfer or mail your cheque payable to the Burnaby Arts Council
- BAC holds no responsibility for the security before, during or after the event for your artwork.
- The artwork will be on display outside, in the back yard where it will rain.
- The gates are not locked, so any artwork must be secured somehow to prevent accidents and theft.
- The artwork must be safely displayed for the public. The BAC does not provide insurance for any artwork exhibited during the event.
Artists are NOT required to be a BAC member to submit an application. The Deer Lake Gallery is a program of the Burnaby Arts Council (BAC). It is policy of BAC that all Artists whose work is featured in the Gallery MUST be a current member member of the BAC, however you do not have to join or purchase a membership prior to submission for exhibition. If you are selected as an artist to exhibit THEN you must become a BAC member. The Annual Fee for an individual membership is $25.00 and non-refundable (valid Jan 1 to Dec 31, 2017).