BURNABY COMMUNITY PROJECT GRANT
Application Deadline: Friday, March 17, 2017
Providing financial assistance for the activities of member organizations of the Burnaby Arts Council is seen as an important way to support artists, students and audiences achieve their community based cultural needs and interests.An annual budget allocation is assigned by the BAC Board to this grant program.
Burnaby Community Project Grant objectives are:
- Provide financial assistance to projects and activities contributing to the artistic and cultural life of the City of Burnaby.
- Promote access, awareness, and excellence in all arts disciplines and facilitate a balance of opportunity and participation for residents and visitors as a supporting partner.
- Encourage sound management, financial stability and continuity of service provided by BAC member organizations in aid of the arts.
- To collect, analyze and exchange information about the arts activities of BAC member organizations to enhance the planning and evaluation processes.
- Applicants must be a Federal Govt. (CRA) listed charity with Business Number (BN#) and a current registered non-profit organization under the BC Non-Profit Societys Acts. (Soc. S#)
- Applicants must be a member of the Burnaby Arts Council for at least one year prior to applying.
- Applicants must purchase a current 2016 membership prior to applying for the Community Projects Grant. See Paypal link below to renew your membership.
- Applicants must complete the application on the official BAC form with a project budget and supporting documentation. Upon review of a completed application, the jury will recommend the amount of the grant for Board Approval. See form link below.
- Applicants must acknowledge support received from the BAC on all project publicity, marketing materials and at public performances or events. NOTE: BAC logo is available through our office.
- Applicants must be a current 2017 group member and be a member in good standing for one full year.
- There is no retroactive funding for projects already hosted.
- The project must contribute to the arts in the City of Burnaby
- The program can be adjusted or canceled by BAC, at any time.
Application:BAC Community Grant Application
2017 BAC Group Membership – valid January 1, 2017 to December 31, 2017