2019 Call is NOW OPEN!
Call for Exhibition Proposals | Deer Lake Art Gallery
Submission Deadline: October 15, 2018 | For exhibitions in 2019/20
The Burnaby Arts Council has a mandate to reach out to and engage with community in many ways. We seek to reinforce that the arts contribute significantly to the quality of life in Burnaby. The Arts Council is interested in exploring ways arts can be used in our city to draw community together , creating programs and public presence. We also wish to create a broad range of programs and gallery exhibitions to reflect the diversity of cultures in our community, being inclusive and respectful of all cultures. We wish to celebrate and enable emerging and professional artists through a professional exhibition in a public space, which serves to promote artists, to increase public awareness of art, and to make original art by local artists accessible to the general public.
CALL FOR 2D, 3D AND INSTALLATION WORK
The Burnaby Arts Council is currently accepting submissions for our 2019/20 calendar year exhibition schedule at Deer Lake Art Gallery.
Deer Lake Art Gallery
6584 Deer Lake Avenue, Burnaby
We invite visual artists working in all media including painting, photography, mixed media, sculpture, ceramics, wood, metal work and installation work. Photography or digital mixed media work may sell prints otherwise all other work must be original. No giclee prints, photocopies, numbered prints et cetera will be accepted for exhibition.
Successful candidates will be booked for anywhere from three to six week exhibition
BAC will provide: digital invitations, exhibition installation, manage sales, promote the exhibitions through our website, member newsletters, e-bulletins, press releases and online listings.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: OCTOBER 15, 2018 @ 4 PMSubmission Requirements and Guidelines
The Deer Lake Gallery exhibits group shows with 2 or more artists or very limited/few solo exhibitions. Artists are welcome to submit individually or as part of a group. Individuals who submit a proposal need to outline a theme, idea or concept. Deer Lake Gallery only exhibits one theme per show, so all artists exhibiting would be part of one theme. Non-artists and members of the public are also invited to submit ideas and concepts for exhibitions they would like to see in the gallery. We accept proposals from all members of the public and there are no geographic restrictions.
Deer Lake Art Gallery is a unique and dynamic space, and we encourage diverse and creative themed proposals to inspire and engage the community.
For General Inquiries about the Exhibition Proposal
604.298.7322 / email@example.com
- You do NOT need to purchase a membership to apply to the call!
- Artists must be a member of the Burnaby Arts Council at the time of their Exhibition.
- There are no additional fees besides the BAC annual membership.
- BAC staff handles all sales, retains the arrangements and payment and takes a 30% administration fee. If a credit card is used to purchase the artwork there will be a small admin fee deducted.
- You may be required to sit the gallery during the exhibition.
All Exhibition Proposals must include the following items:
- An artist’s statement and biography
- List of works including title, medium, size, and price. If the work is not for sale, a value is still necessary
- 10 – 15 images of completed artworks that you are proposing and are available for the exhibition. Images must be numbered or titled to match the corresponding list of works. If work is framed please include image of the frame
- Artwork cannot have been displayed in Burnaby within a 2 years prior to the application.
Apply Online using the form below