Summer Arts Festival
@ the Deer Lake Art Gallery
Friday, July 5, 2019 from 6 – 9:30 pm
Saturday, July 6, 2019 from 10 am to 5 pm
Deer Lake Craft Festival
November 22/23/24, 2019
@ the Shadbolt Centre for the Arts
For almost 40 years the Burnaby Arts Council has presented the best in local performers and artists set against the beautiful Deer Lake Park. The Festival activities are surrounded by majestic trees and park on near Deer Lake, Burnaby.
The Burnaby Arts Council hosts and sponsors a wide variety of cultural events, encompassing a full range of the arts. From painting, to dance, to theater and poetry, the BAC provides a community based outlet for people of all ages to express their creativity.
The Burnaby Arts Council are passionate about the arts and dedicated to promoting the arts.
- promote the arts
- reach out and support our members
- create a vibrant arts presence in Burnaby
We host 2 major festivals each year:
Celebrate the start of summer with a fun family-friendly event including the popular “Park’s Edge Paint Off”!
Burnaby, BC – July 5 & 6, 2019 – Visitors to the Deer Lake Gallery in Burnaby will once again be dazzled by an event noted for being fun for the entire family! The Summer Arts Festival is an all-day event on Friday July 5 from 6:00 to 9:30 pm and Saturday, July 6 from 10 am to 5 pm. Set against the beautiful Deer Lake Park, it’s a chance to experience the best of Burnaby’s art scene.
“We are so excited about this year’s Summer Festival”, says local artist and Burnaby Arts Council Executive Director Teena Martin, “There will be so many wonderful artists in attendance, it’s a chance to really experience the talent of our local arts community.”]
- Park’s Edge Paint Off, the festival’s annual live painting competition: Come and see how paintings are created and vote for your favourite! The top three artists will all win cash prizes, courtesy of Burnaby Tourism.
- Artisan Market featuring over 15 of BC’s finest artists and designers displaying a variety of hand crafted items including: Art Cards by Valerie, KC’s Woodcraft, Euro Designs, Burnaby Artists Guild, and Slate Jewelry.
- Inspiration Station hosted by Muckabout Gift Gallery: Share your stories, draw and write what inspires you at their kid’s colouring station!
- Live Entertainment including the Burnaby Summer Theatre (don’t miss their live performance of Dragcula, an original play written, directed by performing art students from SFU that is based off of Alice in Wonderland!). One Human Race – Afrika Collective Trio, Art Exhibition: Tricksters Laugh featuring Alanna Edward & Geronimo and Ben Lee aka DJ BJAM will also be at the festival!
- Beer Garden in the gallery’s backyard featuring local brewery Dageraad
- Silent Auction of the painting from the Paint Off – a chance to take some of the magic home!
The Summer Art Festival is organized by the Burnaby Arts Council and takes place at the Deer Lake Gallery, located at 6584 Deer Lake Avenue in Burnaby.
Deer Lake Craft Festival: November 22/23/24
Since 1971 the Burnaby Arts Council has presented and sponsored the Deer Lake Craft Festival. The Craft Festival is held at the beautiful Shadbolt Center for the Arts next to Deer Lake Park in Burnaby, BC, Canada. The success of the event has resulted in 48 annual events where visitors enjoy beautiful BC artisans and their work: glass blowers, sculpture and pottery, wood, fashion and jewelry designers plus many more new artists participating in this years’ event! For more information about the artisans go to our website.
Visitors will enjoy live music and entertainment, door prizes and raffle draws. Don’t miss out on the opportunity to finish all of you Christmas shopping in one location!