2018 Call for Luminescence III
Call for Exhibition Proposals | Deer Lake Art Gallery
Submission Deadline: FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 2, 2018 @ 4PM
The Burnaby Arts Council has a mandate to reach out and engage with the community in many ways. We seek to reinforce that the arts contribute significantly to the quality of life in Burnaby. The Arts Council is interested in exploring ways arts can be used in our city to draw community together , creating programs and public presence. We also wish to create a broad range of programs and gallery exhibitions to reflect the diversity of cultures in our community, being inclusive and respectful of all cultures. We wish to celebrate and enable emerging and professional artists through a professional exhibition in a public space, which serves to promote artists, to increase public awareness of art, and to make original art by local artists accessible to the general public.
CALL FOR 2D, 3D AND INSTALLATION WORK
The Burnaby Arts Council would like to bring together a group of artists that showcases a dazzling array of light-based artworks. Celebrating the March 18th Equinox. Works submitted can be INDOOR or OUTDOOR.
Successful candidates will be notified of participation by Friday, February 9th. Installation of the exhibition will be on Tuesday, March 13th, 2018 between 10 am – 4pm.
The Burnaby Arts Council is currently accepting submissions for LUMINESCENCE III scheduled to run from March 17th to Saturday, April 7th at the Deer Lake Art Gallery.
Deer Lake Art Gallery
6584 Deer Lake Avenue, Burnaby
We invite visual artists working in all media including painting, photography, mixed media, sculpture, ceramics, wood, metal work and installation work. Photography or digital mixed media work may sell prints otherwise all other work must be original. No giclee prints, photocopies, numbered prints et cetera will be accepted for exhibition.
BAC will provide: digital invitations, exhibition installation, manage sales, promote the exhibitions through our website, member newsletters, e-bulletins, press releases and online listings.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: FEBRUARY 2, 2018 @ 4 PM
For General Inquiries about the Exhibition Proposal
604.298.7322 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- You do NOT need to purchase a membership to apply to the call!
- Artists must be a member of the Burnaby Arts Council at the time of their Exhibition.
- There are no additional fees besides the BAC annual membership.
- BAC staff handles all sales, retains the arrangements and payment and takes a 30% administration fee. If a credit card is used to purchase the artwork there will be a small admin fee deducted.
- You may be required to sit the gallery during the exhibition.
All Exhibition Proposals must include the following items:
- An artist’s statement and biography
- 5 – 10 images of completed artworks that you are proposing and are available for the exhibition. Before uploading your images you MUST rename your files to include your first and last name. This is CRITICAL. All image files are dropped into a general folder and it is IMPOSSIBLE to sort through unnamed files.
- Artwork cannot have been displayed in Burnaby within a one year prior to the application.
Apply Online using the form below