This call is now CLOSED. Please join us for our first student exhibition from April 16 – April 30!
The Burnaby Arts Council is inviting all artists to submit their work for the very first Work In Progress Month!
Here at the BAC, we prioritize engaging with the community in as many ways as possible. While striving to demonstrate that artwork and creativity is a significant contributor to the City of Burnaby. With this, we want to provide more opportunities and create a network of artists of all disciplines.
You are invited to submit your original artwork for this group exhibition. You may submit any 2D media, including but not limited to painting, photography, mixed media, and wood and metal work.
Submission Deadline: Please submit artwork before April 6th
Eligibility: Artists must be between 13-19 years old
Categories: Artwork can be in any medium and at any stage of completion.
If Your Artwork is Accepted…
Artwork Drop Off Deadline: April 14th
Installation: April 12th-15th
Take Down: May 4th-5th
Membership: You do not need to be a current BAC member to apply or accepted
To submit your work, please include:
- A short biography (about 200-500 words)
- An artist statement: provide a brief introduction to your practice and a description of the work you are submitting for consideration
- A specification statement of the stage of completion of the artwork (eg: beginning stage, midway stage, etc.)
- Images of the proposed artworks (please submit as a JPEG file)
- Please include the title, medium, size dimensions and year of each artwork
To submit your artwork for consideration, please fill out the form below
If you have any questions, please e-mail email@example.com
We encourage applications from everyone, including but not limited to women, Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, people with disabilities and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities.
We thank all applicants for their interest and will contact you through e-mail with the results!